Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Tetrazzini surprise

What happens when company comes to town? You eat out a lot. I have taken a few days off to do just that but I am back. Today's recipe called for chicken however, I ran out and went searching though my freezer for a substitute. I came out with boneless pork chops (the other white meat).

Ingredients:

Cooking spray
Salt and pepper
1/2 pound whole wheat pasta - angel hair
1/2 tbsp butter
1/2 yellow onion
1 8 ounce package sliced mushrooms
1 cup frozen peas
1 tbsp olive oil
2 1/2 flour
1 cup low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup low fat milk
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
2 cups cooked skinless boneless chicken (I used pork)
6 tbls Parmesan cheese
4 tbls finely chopped chives


Preheat oven to 375. Spray 2 quart casserole dish with spray
Boil pot of water and cook pasta
Cook and transfer to large bowl

Meanwhile heat butter in large skillet over medium hear. Add onion, mushrooms, salt and pepper. Stirring occasionally until softened abbot five minutes.
Stir in peas and cook 2 more minutes

Transfer to bowl with pasta and set aside

Heat oil on small sauce pan add flour whisk till smooth. Slowly whisk in broth and cook. Stir till thick. Stir in milk, nutmeg, salt and pepper. Cook one more minute with cheese then toss with pasta mixture. Transfer all to baking dish and sprinkle with cheese and 2 tsp chopped chives. Bake until hit throughout and golden brown about 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment